Cowering is a status effect that is gained at the start of a combat round when an opponent applies the fury proc.
Certain procs and feats can cause cowering, while others can deal damage against an opponent only when that opponent is under the status effect.
The revert proc has a chance of reversing the action of fury and removing the cowering status effect.
Cowering may be gained multiple times during a battle.
Related procs and feats
Once someone has the cowering status, there are several damaging procs that may be used against them:
- Savage: The savage proc gives a chance to deal periodic physical damage against a cowering target at the beginning of a combat round.
- Gore: The gore proc gives a chance to deal additional physical burst damage to a cowering target.
- Asteroid impact: The asteroid impact proc gives a chance to deal major physical damage against a cowering target at the end of combat.
- Parry: The parry proc gives a chance to reflect one hostile weapon attack to a cowering target.
Equipment and usage info
Different types of equipment can set an opponent to cowering status, or affect it once it has gained the cowering status:
|Item||Type|| Creating the
Any creature can acquire the cowering status if the appropriate trigger proc is gained by the player.
Any epic boss may acquire the cowering status during a battle.
Any coven boss may acquire the cowering status during a battle.
- The cowering status effect was added to Chronicles of Blood.
You might also be interested in looking at: